Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I arrested Aug 2012 because I has shoplifted at K-Mart,

Customer Question
I arrested Aug 2012...

I arrested Aug 2012 because I has shoplifted at K-Mart, arrested and released with a court date. I arrested because I did not go to court and served 2 days in county jail.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Florida, Aug 2012, value shoplifted $26.00. Question is I am applying to jobs how shall I answer the background check questions ???

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I already served my time in 2012.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/19/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 7 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. What are they asking exactly? Were you convicted/adjudicated?

Ok, I shoplifted at KMart in August 2012. Arrested and released with a court date. I did not go to court.
Then they found me and arrested and sent me to County Jail. They asked money or they said you stay in Jail for 2 days.Ichoosed to stay in Jail for 2 days. My question is : I am applying to jobs now. How shall I responde any background questions?

It all depends on what they ask. You first need to know if you were adjudicated ( convicted) or if adjudication was withheld ( not convicted). I say this because if they ask if you have ever been convicted of a crime, your answer would vary. Moreover, if they ask if you have been arrested, you would need to answer Yes. It is the application which would ask the question, so your answer depends on that

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!