Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have an arrest warrant for receiving stolen property from…

Customer Question
I have an arrest...

I have an arrest warrant for receiving stolen property from 8 years ago in another state. I need this taken care of and dont know where to begin. I have 3 children now. A full time job and no means to fly across country to turn myself in.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

California. 8 years ago, i believe thats what the officer said

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats about it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 8 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Good morning. Did you just find out about this?
About a year ago, but it's been eating on me and I need to start the bill rolling
Ball
Thank you and please allow me a moment
If you want to resolve this and live in another state, a motion would need to be filed to vacate the warrant and reset the court date, so you can appear to take care of this. An attorney can be hired to do this and they can appear on your behalf and try and resolve this and work out a plea deal or decide if it is worth fighting and going to trial on. The age of the case may help you so they need to look over the facts and evidence and witnesses and see if the state will be able to meet their burden at trial.
Do u practice in california
I am sorry but the site does now allow us to provide legal representation. I am happy to answer any follow up questions which you may have so please just let me know

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Im going to call on Monday to an Attorney in California in the County of my warrant.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 7 months ago