Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My fiancé and I are trying to negotiate his rule 35b. The…

Customer Question
My fiancé and I...

My fiancé and I are trying to negotiate his rule 35b. The AuSa has not filed the motion and is mostly unresponsive. Is there anything we can do to push the issue?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

KY

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

We contacted federal inmate advocacy but we want to know our options

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/18/2017
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 7 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

I suggest you request the court to set a date on this matter, and once you put a date on the court calendar, the AUSA will get notice and respond to you. Then you can have a discussion with the AUSA to try to resolve the Rule 35b before the court date comes up. If you can't resolve it, you can still go into court and tell the judge that you haven't been able to come to terms with the AUSA, and present your case and ask the judge to help resolve it for you. This strategy will work and force the hand of the AUSA to settle with you.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.