Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I just found out receintly that my partner has had HIV for…

Customer Question
I just found out...

I just found out receintly that my partner has had HIV for at least the last 2 years has know this before he started seeing me sexually and denied having anything when I asked him before we had any intercourse he still didnt plan on telling me. Then he got so weak and lost weight I took him to hospital it was there that I found out cause I was by his bed side when his Dr came in and asked him how long he has know he was positive he replied 2yrs. His exwife and her sister both have as well he thinks it came from her.(wife). I got tested negative last week. What do I need to do from here. Let it go since I broke up with him or go after him?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Florida Brevard County

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just didnt know what to do.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/18/2017
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 5 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

You should thank your lucky stars that you are not testing positive for HIV. Since you broke up with him and since you are not sick, you really don't have any damages to claim against him. I would leave it alone and not have any further contact with him.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 4 months ago

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor