Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I sold 5 cars this man gave me 5 checks i went to the bank…

Customer Question
i sold 5 cars this...
i sold 5 cars this man gave me 5 checks i went to the bank and only 1 check was good,i caiied him he said he goin to file bankruphy if i dont give him time to make the checks good can he do that, cant i get a warrant for a bad check can he go bankruphy on a bad check
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

He can try to file for bankruptcy, but this is fraud and a criminal violation and such debts are not dischargeable in bankruptcy.

So, if he did file, you could likely file an objection and get the stay lifted on those debts.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!