Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

They are trying to blackmail me, and i'm looking for

Customer Question
They are trying to...

They are trying to blackmail me, and i'm looking for confidentiality for the toxxxxx.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have blackmail charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

Nothing has been filed, i think it was a "under-aged sexting scam"

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/16/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
What has happened?
Are you online with me?
i was on a dating sight, a girl messaged me and we started texting, she sends a revealing pic, and i send one too. her dad called me saying that he wants money for a laptop they broke while finding her taking more pictures.
Did you ever speak to the girl or was all the messaging via text?
How old did she claim to be?
What will the “father” do if you do not send money?
just through text, she claimed to be 18 on her profile, but later said she was 17, he started to say that they were looking into a investigator, then said he wanted money for the laptop, it was left at that scene i convinced him for half as much as he was asking.
why did i just get charged 42$?
Your question is indicating a value of $47.
Did you still want my answer?
ok no thank you. i dont need the answer
Do not send them any money.
am i still getting charged?
Not by me.
Ely, Counselor at Law