Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was wondering if a domestic violence victim wants to drop…

Customer Question
Hi good evening I...

Hi good evening I was wondering if a domestic violence victim wants to drop charges can the state pick up the charges?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No he's still incarcerated and unaware of who his public defender is.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is it possible to drop charges but keep an order of protection?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/15/2017
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Was a complaint made to law enforcement?