Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If someone had an mistermeanor larceny charge from 30 years…

Customer Question
Hello if someone had...

Hello if someone had an mistermeanor larceny charge from 30 years ago in a another state can a lawyers from Georgia help to get this charge expunged? and how much would it cost.

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Criminal Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Do you mean $10 to $100 an hour?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

North Carolina, the person had just turned 19 on January 12 and was charged with misdemeanor larceny on January 24. With the wrong people at the wrong time stealing from a Kmart in Lumberton, N.C. This person has gotten the life together and has been working for a long time but they can apply for certain jobs because this pop up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No...this is the first time reaching out to someone.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just wanted to know the steps to the process, how much and how long this may take.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/14/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

The site is meant for general informational purposes only.

If you'd like information on the expungement process I can provide that to you, but per the rules of ethics that govern attorneys, and the rules of the website, I cannot personally represent you in the expungement process.

If you'd like me to proceed and provide you with the information on the expungment process, let me know and I'd be happy to do so.

The site is a paid for service, per main question thread, and I do ask that you leave a positive rating at the end of our conversation, after I've answered your question, so that I can be credited for my time and help. If you'd like to proceed let me know and I'll prepare the information on expungement for you, thanks!

I'm confused, did I just pay $45 for the info that I just received and will have to pay more to talk on the phone without an answer..I just needed to know how to move forward. I will reach out to a live attorney.

I'm not sure about billing, it's all handled through customer service, but I do know there is a charge per question. Per question meaning this entire question thread, once you receive an answer, not each individual response between us. Think of it more as a back and forth conversation, and then you rate at the end.

Is this a legitimate company?

Yes, it is. I'm sorry for any confusion. Based on your initial question I just wanted to explain to you that I cannot personally represent you in your expungement process, but if you do want information on how the expungement is done, I can help you with that. This website is meant for general informational purposes, not for attorney client representation.

If you'd still like to proceed and would like information on the expungement process just let me know, and I'd be happy to help. Thanks!

We will reach out at another time.
Thanks

You're welcome, no problem!

Ely, Counselor at Law