Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My fiance is in winston county jail for animal cruelty he…

Customer Question
My fiance is in...

My fiance is in winston county jail for animal cruelty he recieved death threats and the curciut clerks claim he is being held on a 75000 cash bond for his own protection however he was being harrassed for being the only black man in the community before this happened he cant afford an expeince lawyer and they wont reduce without one and they have gone so far as to publically announce they wanted to see him drug and hung on the court house steps with an officer on the came comments im afraid for is life

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alabama he is in winston county jail

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

A couple but most want upwards of 5000 up front and since the town is such a small community i dont feel like the public defenders are going to be fair because noone else in judicial system there has been

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Deitrick is a good man a shiner and a decon at church they have him on a block in jail with the violent offenders he is in fear of his own life and so i am i he works at oak grove mine and could pay for a lawyer is we could a bond reduction so he can go back to work

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your fiance's situation.

Has he been assigned a public defender as yet? If so, have you spoken with them about filing the motion to reduce bond?

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered.
It's free of charge to respond to any questions I may ask you, think of this more as a back and forth conversation.
Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!