Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Are you? South carolina. Well I'm on house arrest from doing…

Customer Question
Hey how are you? ...

Hey how are you?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

South carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well I'm on house arrest from doing 8 years in federal custody and can I get off it early

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/14/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 9 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. So it sounds like you are on parole/probation. The answer is maybe, but it would be up to the Judge.

First, you'd need to comply with paying all the penalties, etc, and doing any and all community service and whatever other requirements there are. Second, you need to be at least half way through your house arrest. Finally you want to have not had any violations in your probation/parole.

Assuming this is all true, one first can ask the PO about early termination. If they refuse, one can file a MOTION with the Court that sentenced them, and ask the Judge to consider it. If so, then it would be up to the Court (and the PO and DA can also weigh in and give their opinions).

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.