Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son was arrested 2 weeks ago for drug instrument and ovi.

Customer Question
My son was arrested...

My son was arrested 2 weeks ago for drug instrument and ovi. It was a company truck he had just started driving the day before. We bonded him out Friday and waited 5 hours for them to process him out. He had to be in court the next morning at 9 am. When his name was finally called the judge put him right back in jail. He wouldn't let anybody speak, no explanation, just put him right back in there. So we spent the rest of that entire day bonding him out and waiting another 6 hours to process him out. This seems like double jeopardy to me. We are looking for a good attorney. They said he refused testing but he says he just kept asking for an attorney. He said needle was definitely not his. Can it be tested for dna?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

A public defender. But we are looking to hire one.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/13/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Ok
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your son's situation.

What was the reason given by the judge for him being put back into jail at his court hearing?

No. It said this was free.
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry, the phone call request is auto generated, you can disregard it.

However the site is a paid-for service. Billing is all handled through customer service, not myself, I am a legal expert on the site. I can let you know though, that there is a fee per question thread that you have posted.

Would you like to proceed? It is still significantly cheaper than meeting with a private attorney.

Let me know, I'll be on standby and I'm happy to help if you'd like to continue with the service.

I DID NOT AGREE TO PAY FOR ANYTHING. IT SAID TO PUT MY CARD NUMBER FOR A $1 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT!