Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Does a person have a right to change parole officers in

Customer Question
Does a person have...

Does a person have a right to change parole officers in washingtin state?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This particular parole officer is covering for my sons other parole officer and he is trying to violate him for a blow n go from august..their is a list of things that can set that off..this parole officer likes to harass people..he doesent like to see eny one do good..this is from august and he wasent my sons porole officer at the time this was 3 months ago

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/13/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: There is no automatic right to change parole officers in Washington State, but if you feel you're being improperly treated by a parole officer (rather than one being generally difficult to deal with) you would contact the Department of Corrections. I'm sorry, I wish I could tell you there's some type of immediate process for removing one and assigning another but there just isn't - unless there's a case of abuse or something to that effect. I hope that answers your question. As much as I wish it was otherwise, sometimes I have to give information that isn't "good news." I hope you don't take it out on me! If it were up to me, I'd only give people good news! If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.