Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have court tomorrow for shoplifting in Walmart for a shoes

Customer Question
worth $85 do I go...
I have court tomorrow for shoplifting in Walmart for a shoes worth $85 do I go to jail for this
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Hawaii
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
What will I answer the judge if he ask guilty or not?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/13/2017
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 29 days ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

You should answer "not guilty."

Then you should tell the judge that you want a lawyer to defend you. If you can afford a lawyer, the court will give you a postponement of the trial to get a lawyer.

If you cannot afford a lawyer, the court will appoint one for you at no cost.

Either way, make sure you plead NOT GUILTY tomorrow and then get a lawyer, either one you hire or a court appointed one if you cannot afford a lawyer.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 27 days ago

Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 25 days ago

Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 24 days ago

Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 23 days ago

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor