Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I called the police because someone broke into my car upon…

Customer Question
I called the police because...
I called the police because someone broke into my car upon running my tags they told me I have a warrant for shoplifting in Walgreens August of 2016. I’m really stressed out because I don’t know what they are talking about it’s was a year ago and I have 9 priors from my past. I’ve been doing so good I’ve been in a program for abusing drugs for 4 yrs now and I’m working and raising my niece and nephew. My attorney is asking for $500 I really don’t have but I do not want to go to jail.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/12/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. How long ago was your last of the 9 priors? Were they also shoplifting offenses? Are you saying that you were never in Walgreens in August, 2016? Why didn't the police officer arrest you for the warrant?