Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My son was under house arrest from 5/15/2017 to 11/02/2017

Customer Question

my son was under house arrest from 5/15/2017 to 11/02/2017 when he was sentenced in miami-dade 11th circuit court to 240 days for domestic violence was home arrest time with gps monotoring count as time serve
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Florida May 2017
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no but he already went to trail and was sentenced
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

If this was a state case, unfortunately, no. Your son would not get credit for time on house arrest unless he was sentenced to house arrest at the end of the case. If house arrest was part of his bail condition, he gets no credit in Florida for time spent on house arrest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

state of florida case # ***********************
his name Hector *******
Jail NO.************

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

It's a state case, therefore, he gets no credit for house arrest if he was out fighting the case before conviction/sentencing. He would get credit for all actual jail time he served on the case including when he was initially arrested.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.