Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have 3 counties in Oklahoma & 2 Counties in Texas. Which…

Customer Question
I have 3 counties...

I have 3 counties in Oklahoma & 2 Counties in Texas. Which all have happened in the last 5-7 years also when we married & not. But we still were seeing each other. I'm legally blind in 1eye after she penetrated my eye w/ her artificial finger nail. Her son & his friend whitished it. I'm asking what legally I can pursue her with.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was awarded a $6,000,000.00 judgement @ the time I agreeded to pay her $3,000.00 a month which would equal $150,000 settlement. I have not received that judgement.do not have the funds to pay her. I can explain the situation. We were only married for 11 months.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oklahoma

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/12/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your actual question about this for us?

Statue of limitation on Spousal & Domestic Abuse.

In Texas, they have 2 years to file a misdemeanor criminal charge and 3 years to file felony charges. For a civil suit for personal injury, you have 2 years from date of the incident to file a civil suit for injury against her.

In OK, they have 3 years to file criminal charges. There is 1 year to file civil suit for assault and battery and 2 years to sue for any other personal injury.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.