Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

When being accused of possession of drugs, do I have to

Customer Question
When being accused of...

When being accused of possession of drugs, do I have to provide fingerprints in Lancaster Pennsylvania before the preliminary?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My mother took a bag of crystal meth into the PSP and I am now getting charged with Int Poss Contr Subst by Per Not Reg and Use/Poss Of Drug Paraph.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/11/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
Prior to being taken into custody and being charged with a crime, you can not be forced to give fingerprints. Merely being accused, without be arrested and charged, is not enough to force the printing.
After arrest, however, you can be compelled to give your fingerprints as incidental to the arrest.If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Lawyer