Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am have been on Summary probation for 7 months

Customer Question
Hi, I am have been...
Hi, I am have been on Summary probation for 7 months (non-reporting probation). Last week probation tried to come by my house 3 times, Saturday, Monday, and Friday. I was not home. Do I need to be worried about my probation and being taken off summary probation? I received a letter from Probation to come in for an Interview and bring a copy of my pay stubs.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
I have not picked up any new cases. I have completed 3 yrs of probation. I still have 2 more years left.
I have paid up all my fines and restitution.
Since last week Probation has not come again to my house. I did get some unknown number calls but no messages.
Is it normal to get a letter from probation to come in for an interview on Tuesday afternoon. They told me to bring my paystubs or proof of employment.
Hi, I am have been on Summary probation for 11 months (non-reporting probation) actually. Last week someone from probation tried to come by my house 3 times, on Saturday, then on Monday, and then on Friday. I was not home was traveling for work. Do I need to be worried about my probation and being taken off summary probation? I received a letter from Probation to come in for an Interview.
The letter I received from Probation is from my original PO officer that placed me on Non-reporting probation to come in for an interview on Tuesday next week.
Do I need to be worried?
11/11/2017
Criminal Lawyer: James Daloisio, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
James Daloisio

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.

It doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. Although you are on summary probation, that doesn't mean they are supposed to forget about you. Standard terms and conditions of probation are to keep probation informed of your residence and employment. And the court will require periodic "progress reports" to make sure you are in compliance with whatever terms and conditions were imposed. It sounds like they're preparing a progress report. Nothing to worry about. But make sure you return their phone calls and appear for any scheduled interviews; if you cannot appear for an interview due to your work schedule, then call them and reschedule it. The worst thing you can do on probation is ignore the probation officer. Remember, they have a lot of people to supervise so they need your cooperation.

Hope that answered your question. If so, a positive rating would be appreciated. And you can always return here with follow up questions at no additional cost. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Sir is it normal for some one from probation to come by my house like 3 times while on summary probation. No message was left or call back.
I did get some unknown caller call me several times the day probation came by.

Hello again,

I can only speculate, but it sounds like they're preparing a progress report and they need your employment information.

If they did not leave a message or call back number, who spoke with them and what did they say? Did they identify themselves as a probation officer?

I wouldn't worry so much about the visits, especially if only one person came. If you are in compliance with your terms and conditions, and they want you to come in, just go in. The visits may have been a way for them to avoid having to schedule the interview in the first place. And make sure that they have your up to date address and phone.

James Daloisio
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Lawyer