Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am planning to travel to Mexico an I am currently on

Customer Question
I am planning to...

I am planning to travel to Mexico an I am currently on probation for DUI. My probation officer told me that I have to contact the Mexican Consulate and get a permit from them before I can get her approval. What permit is she talking about ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/10/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 9 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Thank you!
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 9 months ago

Your PO most likely is referring to a tourist permit as issued by Mexican immigration.

This is needed when travelling into Mexico, anywhere past the border areas.

It is fairly easy and quick to obtain. Once you schedule an appointment, or walk-in to the Mexican Consulate, you should have no problem obtaining the permit.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 9 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!