Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a misdemeanor warrant in minnesota will i be able to…

Customer Question
I have a misdemeanor...

I have a misdemeanor warrant in minnesota will i be able to purchase a handgun where i live in arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: How can the Gunsmith help you with your firearm? Please tell me everything you can so the Gunsmith can help you best.

Already sent my message

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/10/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Unfortunately you most likely will not be able to able to purchase a firearm, even though this is out of state from where the incident occurred.

The reason is that a national/ federal background check, which will be run, will show the outstanding warrant and that will flag your application.

I'm not sure what the misdemeanor charge is or the status of that case, but you can consider hiring an attorney in Minnesota to address it and hopefully resolve it favorably on your behalf. Depending on the situation, this could even be resolved without the need for you to appear in court in person.

Once the Minnesota case is resolved, you should no longer have any problems getting cleared for the firearm purchase.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer