Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

It began with a misdemeanor d.u.i. in Nevada 2011, no

Customer Question
Hello it began with a...
Hello it began with a misdemeanor d.u.i. in Nevada 2011, no accident,non violent, non drug. Because of policy change in 2010 my charge was changed to a felony in 2012.I am dual citizen with now a current third residency in central america. I am also adopted so my last name differs. Living abroad with a prospective very good employer in the horizon. How can this best be handled without doing time or returning to the u.s. I would like to be able to receive S.S. in the next 10 years. Thanks.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?
Customer: No I have additional passport in my birth name.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The cost because currently I am not working.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense and Immigration law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

To clarify, the case is outstanding and was never addressed?

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered.
It's free of charge to respond to any questions I may ask you, think of this more as a back and forth conversation.
Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law