Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If an inmate makes parole and has detainers or holds for…

Customer Question
If an inmate makes...

If an inmate makes parole and has detainers or holds for another county, how long will they hold him before he is moved to the county with the holder?

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

He has holders for theft by deception, maybe 3 felonies, for something to do with theft.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the theft occur?

Mt. Vernon, Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing that I know!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/8/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Someone will usually be kept in custody for an out of jurisdiction hold for about 30 days.

Keep in mind though, that at the end of this 30 days, the county from which the hold originates, can renew the hold for another 30 days. This does sometimes occur.

The longest possible time they would be held is around 60 days.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer