Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am writing a script about a rape trial in the state of…

I am writing a script...
I am writing a script about a rape trial in the state of Florida. I want to review real jury instructions for my research. Are you able to tell me where I can find real jury instructions for a Florida rape trial?
11/8/2017
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Yes. In Florida rape is called Sexual Battery. You can see the Florida Jury Instructions for sex offenses here.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/jury_instructions/instructions-ch11.shtml

Thank you, ***** ***** I'm correct, these are templates that courts tailor to meet the specifications of their particular case(?) Do you know whether any sexual battery cases are on public record? I would love to review the jury instructions given to a real jury during a real sexual battery case. Thank you sincerely.

Sorry for the delay. I was on the phone with another customer and I have only just returned to see your follow up. The information you want is not on the web. Judges use the jury charges that I linked you to, and they fill in the blanks with the particulars of the case. Those particulars differ from case to case, so even if I found you one, it wouldn't likely be any better a blueprint for you than what you have already. They do stick closely to the pattern instructions -- it's one sure way to avoid objections to the charge and reversals.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD