Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I live in Michigan. Can I file a criminal complaint for

Customer Question
I live in Michigan. Can I...
I live in Michigan.
Can I file a criminal complaint for usury? I was charged 60% interest on a 20k personal loan from a private individual. During a court hearing in which the plaintive was sueing me for more money the person admitted to the fact he was paid 13k. in interest on a 20k loan the first year.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/31/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You cannot file a criminal complaint yourself. What you will need to do is contact the local district attorney's office or the local police department in your area to report the crime. Then, it will be up to the district attorney whether they want to file criminal charges. You might want to keep contacting the district attorney to make sure you put pressure on them to file criminal charges.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer