Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a question about procedure in criminal court in

Texas; specifically if there is...
I have a question about procedure in criminal court in Texas; specifically if there is any way to request a pretrial hearing prior to indicment of a felony
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Texas; Agg Assault with a Deadly Weapon
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
10/29/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.

No you have to be indicted here first and arraigned and then you can file and have heard the pretrial motions and hearing.It is very possible that there are defects in the indictment and you would want to include these in your motions and hearing here in Texas.The court wills schedule this at arraignment , a hearing date for all pretrial motions.That way if you find more defects or grounds here you can include them in say motion to dismiss.At the arraignment they set bond and whether you get court appointed lawyer and pretrial motion hearing dates.

I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best, ***** ***** are having to deal with this.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer