Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm writing a script about a rape trial. Can the defense…

I'm writing a script about...
I'm writing a script about a rape trial. Can the defense attorney introduce testimony that the alleged victim has a history of blacking out drunk during sex or engaging in vindictive behavior against men who dump her? IE vandalizing their cars.Thanks!
10/29/2017
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Florida has a rape shield law. You'd be prohibited from introducing her sexual behavior with others. You could, however, introduce evidence of vindictive behavior such as vandalizing the cars of men who have dumped her.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD