Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I finished my Real estate courses and I'm about to apply for…

I finished my Real estate...
I finished my Real estate courses and I'm about to apply for my license ... Do I have to disclose a deferred adjudication on my record?
10/17/2017
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Which state is this in?

Texas

Then yes. Per TREC, as part of a moral character determination, you have to disclose everything. TREC’s determination is based only on the information provided with the request. They do not perform a full background check on MCDs. If you have a criminal background, you should disclose all misdemeanor and felonies even if they are old offenses. You should also disclose all criminal offenses where you were placed on parole, probation, or community supervision (also known as deferred adjudication) even if the case was later dismissed. If they determine that you were on deferred adjudication and did not disclose it, that would reflect poorly on the moral character determination (nondisclosure being evidence of bad moral character). So definitely disclose it.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Thank you

You're welcome, and again, good luck to you!