Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a hearing in the morning at the riverside court and…

Customer Question
I have a hearing...

I have a hearing in the morning at the riverside court and will be asking for a public defender to review my case and my options. will u be available to review my case.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My Arraignment 10/10/2017 AT 7:30 AM DEPT. 22, I was not arrested and serviced to notice to appeal in court. Action Date Action Text Disposition Hearing Type
10/10/2017 7:30 AM DEPT. 22 ARRAIGNMENT ACTIVE ARRAIGNMENT
08/29/2017 COMPLAINT FILED. (IMAGED)
08/29/2017 CASE DESIGNATION: VERTICAL. CASE ASSIGNED TO DEPT. 22
08/29/2017 NOTICE MAILED TO DEFENDANT ON 08/28/2017, TO APPEAR: 10/10/2017
08/29/2017 JURISDICTION SET TO RI BY OTS310.
08/29/2017 COMPLAINT FILED BY CREOG

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/10/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 4 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Good morning. Can you share what your question is?
I have requested a response from a lawyer overnight and no answer.

Yes, I am sorry for the delay. I am happy to answer your question, if you can share with me what it is.

How do I request a public defender to review my case?

When you appear in court, you can ask the Judge to appoint one. You will fill out a form and submit it to the clerk and they will review it and determine if you qualify. If so, you will be appointed the PD at that time.

What are my options or respond if denied one?

If you are denied, you would have to retain private counsel on your own.

I have come across some inaccurate information attached to my name. I am concerned about that.
Such as what?
Ely, Counselor at Law