Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My guy roomate/friend of 15 years got into a fight... he…

Customer Question
My guy roomate/friend of...

My guy roomate/friend of 15 years got into a fight... he called the cops, its our first and only fight. Our mutual friends moved out our stuff while I was in jail

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Minnesota and Minnesota I was arrested the next morning after the incident.. its been months and havent had any contact

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

We have a jury trial coming up, and he doesn't want to testity but the prosecution is making him i never got to say my side of the story once yet didn't want to get so many mutual friends involved, but sounds like the prosecution is stirring things up so we have no choice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm sure theres more to say, but connect me that be great

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/5/2017
Criminal Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
As it's already going to Jury Trial, I haven't spoke with a lawyer yet. Is there anyway to get the trial dismissed or postponed? We have so many mutual friends this trial will make things worse for everyone.
Are you from Minnesota?
First, many cases settle. Second, an adjournment is possible where witnesses need it and should be requested through the prosecutor Office usually in advance! Can also have a lawyer handle that including testimony prep. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!