Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I got caught stealing and was taken down to the police

Customer Question
I got caught stealing...

I got caught stealing and was taken down to the police station for finger prints. It was under $300, I paid bail and I have a court date. What can I expect in court and can I get this off my permanent record? Can I make it unseen by a background check?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Illinois and yesterday

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is a first time offense

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly

100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

I would rather just type it out

Great thanks! Just a moment...Remember, if you get an automatic phone call request and you would not like a phone call, you’re welcome to reject the offer.

Is this costing me more than the $5 I just paid?

Hi, the grand total is only $36. It's $5 to post the question and $31 for your interaction with me. There's an optional $59 phone call, but that is all. All told, it's about 90% off my regular hourly fee and you can ask an unlimited number of of follow up questions. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. It's much cheaper than speaking with a local attorney and you've got a live attorney with you right now. I have an answer to your question if you'd like to continue.

No thank you, ***** ***** need the answer anymore but thank you for your time!

No problemo.

Ely, Counselor at Law