Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

For a Federal Criminal Lawyer; My son is currently classifed…

Customer Question
For a Federal Criminal Lawyer;My...
For a Federal Criminal Lawyer;My son is currently classifed by the federal court as incompetent to stand trial and he just has had his second competency hearing. The court has asked both sides for an after hearing brief. My son's attorney (a federal public defender) is not agreeing to submit all relevant information and evidence in her brief. For instance my son and I have identified 46 things in the federal medical center's pyschologist report which opines he is competent which are clearly false or extremely misleading but my son's attorney wants to include only four. Being classifed as incompetent my son can't file the other 42 things. THE QUESTION IS CAN THE LEGAL CONCEPT OF "FRIEND OF THE COURT" BE USED BY A FAMILY MEMBER TO SUBMIT ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION AND EVIDENCE?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/5/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 8 months ago
Michael Bradley

the concept can be used but there is no guarantee that the judge will review it or base their decision using it

It can also harm the attorney's arguments which can harm the case

if you do not like the public defender then you can always hire a private attorney