Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a police report filed against me and the description…

Customer Question
I have a police...

I have a police report filed against me and the description is identity theft or attempted, identity theft 1st offense - fraud - imperson 2 2 counts

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Missiouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Should I talk to one?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This has never happened to me so looking for guidance

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Criminal Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Is this completely out of left field, or do you have an idea the reason that you're receiving this? Also, how did you learn of the police report?

Are you there?

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?

Ely, Counselor at Law