Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am 64 and receive SSDI not on probation but I owe the dept…

Customer Question
I am 64 and...

I am 64 and receive SSDI not on probation but I owe the dept of justice MD money . Is there waiver I can fee

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No but tomorrow I will call legal services for the ed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Elders

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/4/2017
Criminal Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

What kind of debt is this?

Kindly explain a little more.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Stolen money...I did my time and 5 years probation. Just received a financial questionnaire to complete to set up payment arrangements but only gave me a week to complete. At the present I financially assist my sister until March 2018 because she assisted my parents during my gambling episodes. Now I have more bills than money. I s there a waiver

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, there is not a waiver for restitution payment.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law