Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son was arrested and charged with aggravated cdv and

Customer Question
My son was arrested...

My son was arrested and charged with aggravated cdv and kidnapping. His bond/bail has been denied. What is he looking forward to as far as serving time and should I contact an attorney now or wait to see if bail/bond is granted.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

I'm sorry, SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I haven't yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I know I should talk to a lawyer, but I don't know where to start or the fee that would be expected.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/2/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Longhorn Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: Domestic violence of high and aggravated nature is a felony offense. You could be sentenced to up to 20 years in prison. Kidnapping carries with it a maximum penalty up to 30 years in prison.

The prosecutor has to prove the case against your son.

I can't tell you what to do, but if it were me, I would not answer any questions without my attorney present. He should ask to have his attorney present and should respond to any further questioning by informing the persons who are questioning him that he will not answer any questions without an attorney present).

As for what you should do, because of the seriousness of the charges, I think it is best to get an attorney as soon as possible, so as to instruct him and advise him as to his legal rights from this point forward. I would hate for him to say something that would incriminate him further.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Do you need more help? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you!

Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer