Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I recieved a ticket in blame county Virgina for going 86/70.

Customer Question
I recieved a ticket...

I recieved a ticket in blame county Virgina for going 86/70. I thought all I had to do was send in this paper with the ticket & get the total to pay. Well over 80 it goes to court & sending that paper was me saying I was guilty. They sent me the amount & it was reckless driving. I don't have a driving record except 17 yrs back, but Mi got the info & I had to pay a driver's responsible fee of $500. & now my license is suspended. The ticket was &255. & To get my license back in 3 mo will cost $125. It's gonna be on my record for 7 yrs & I haven't seen the effect on my Mi insurance 4 auto. I requested to reopen my case bcuz of all of the above & I'm not sure if what to say on the"reason", other than, I was unaware of everything ya.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Bland county virgina

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

&I live in Mi

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Shld I get an attorney in Virginia or can I go in there & ask to reduce the charge

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/2/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 10 months ago
Michael Bradley
Virginia traffic laws are terrible. They do not tell you but you are charged with reckless driving. I would strongly suggest that you obtain an attorney as Virginia laws are brutal and an attorney has a better chance at reducing the charges