Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

A check was cashed with my name and ex wife name on it. It…

Customer Question
A check was cashed...

A check was cashed with my name and ex wife name on it. It was put into my account and now my account is frozen

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

IL

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/1/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 10 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Who gave you the check? Did you draw against it? What has your bank said?

The insurance company, and yes if drawer against it. The bank has said if the insurance company drop claim then my account will be active again

I am still a bit confused as to the circumstances of this. Why does the insurance company want its money back if it issued checks to you and your wife?

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.