Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Failure to pay your rent and receiving a detainer warrant…

Customer Question
Failure to pay your rent...
Failure to pay your rent and receiving a detainer warrant for it will violate my probation?? Or not??.. in Tennessee and I'm on 6 months probation for wreckless driving.???
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/30/2017
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Thanks..

A detainer warrant is a civil matter and deals with landlord/tenancy; that generally does not affect one's probation.

Please see:

http://www.campbell.army.mil/SiteAssets/OSJA/Real%20Property%20Issues/Eviction%20%28TN%29.pdf

Detainer in the criminal context is when the probation officer has a written instrument to detain the supervised offender.

Each probation agreement is different but here is a standard one:

http://www.tnmp.uscourts.gov/conditions-supervision

The individual must keep the officer informed of their address, usually by 10 days notice prior to a move.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

getting a summons to court for unpaid rent doesn't fall under a violation of probation?
Typically no, unless ones particular probation term includes that.Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate positively. Thank you.
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer