Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Is there anyway for a person, who is on lifetime probation…

Customer Question
Is there anyway for...

Is there anyway for a person, who is on lifetime probation for a sex crime, to get off of lifetime probation? and if so how?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington state

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/30/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 7 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Was this part of a plea or a sentence imposed after trial?

plea

Thank you for the reply. There would need to be a legal basis, for something like this to happen. I say this because if they took a plea deal and voluntarily entered into this and accepted it, a Judge is not just going to terminate probation. The defendant can try and modify the terms and conditions of probation, if they are effecting his livelihood but to simply have it terminated, when a plea to life was taken, would be highly unlikely.

Ely, Counselor at Law