Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was terminated from my job in June wth embezzelemnt

Customer Question
Hello my name is*****...

Hello my name is***** was terminated from my job in June wth embezzelemnt accusations and I was told a criminal case has been filed however thus far I have not heared anything from the court or police , I am in phoenix az

Lawyer's Assistant: What confuses you?

Well How do I know if I have a warrant , if a case has been filed or charges ? I travelled for my dadas funeral and I want to head back but worried sick

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Arizona, I do not know if a warrant has been issues or not

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes , they checked their system for summons and or cases they could not find anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No juxt this

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/30/2017
Criminal Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

If they filed charges, you would have been issued a summons by now. Likely they did not. I would rest easy and not inquire directly about it with company or authorities. Normally police will treat it closed anyway as a civil matter that ended with termination.

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”