Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I received a criminal speeding ticket and im really

I received a criminal...

I received a criminal speeding ticket and im really concerned about what is going to happen. I recently sent letter to judge requesting extension date and possibility of taking defensive driving class. He granted extention date but no to class. What is going to happen to me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Im really concerned that criminal charge being on my record. I live in Arizona (Maricopa County)

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I cant afford a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Meaning?

9/30/2017
Longhorn Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

I can't tell you what is going to happen to you. I can only tell you what the possible penalties are. The decision is ultimately up to the presiding judge as to what happens.

So please provide me with the specific offense code and name of the offense.

28-701.02A3 ARS Exceed 85 MPH
Criminal Traffic
I was traveling the speed of 102 in posted 75 on highway I10 in Maricopa County (Arizona).
There was no collidion, or fatalities.

OK, this is going to take some time to prepare a response. Please be patient. Thank you.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: OK, don't worry too much about this. This is a Class 3 misdemeanor, which is the lowest category of criminal offense.

The penalty is a maximum of 30 days in jail, 1 year of probation and a $500 fine plus surcharges. If this is your first offense, it's possible that you'll end up only having to pay a fine and on probation of some sort.

I would definitely get you a traffic lawyer to help you with this case, in order to ensure the best chance of getting the lowest possible penalty allowed under law: the fine.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Longhorn Lawyer
FOR JAMES
So I contacted a traffic lawyer like you said. Is $1,500 The average normal fee for lawyer to represent criminal traffic ticket?

Unfortunately, I would not know that information. Lawyers charge different rates across the country, depending on the market and the specific situation. You should call around to different attorneys to see what they charge.