Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If someone plead guilty to a misdemeanor domestic violence…

Customer Question
Hello, if someone plead guilty...
Hello, if someone plead guilty to a misdemeanor domestic violence and the police report shows he had a false social security number and driver's license (which was not true) and we have requested a certified copy of the arrest, conviction, etc. and they did not include in the certified copy the alleged social security number and driver's license. The person is applying for immigration and the form gives him a chance to give a brief detail of what happened. Should he even mention this as it happened over 10 years ago?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Is the inquiry as to whether an applicant has a duty to disclose a prior conviction?

on immigration form has to disclose prior conviction but this the false social security and driver license are on the arrest report, yet he was not charged for having these false documents. He has to provide a certified copy of the arrest report along with the entire case. These 2 documents were not included in the certified copies.

I apologize for the delay; I was unable to access the question as it appeared you opted out.

If the police report indiciates a false social security number and license but there was no conviction to that effect then normally that would not be at issue;

If they are requesting a copy of the conviction alone, that is all that is required. There would be no requirement to include the police report.

The agency is most concerned with convictions in the past 5 years as that is the standard "Good Moral Character" period.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: