Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Just asked a question on filing criminal charges against…

just asked a question on...
just asked a question on filing criminal charges against someone and needing an attorney may someone call me today?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. I don't see the question you've referred to. What is your situation and your criminal law question?

Zoey_ JD
I hired a man to train my horse for a year, 7800 later no training done. he gave me his horse as collateral damage while he worked on getting my money back. 2 months later another man is claiming the horse as his. to me trainer commited fraud, and pretty much gave me a stolen horse. want to file charges against him and need assistance on legal process. in the meanwhile the horse recently got sick with a colic and new man involved may want to file down the road suit against me so need to be prepared, please advise. I still have horse in my possession the new man has not provided legal proof. I did get sherriff office to file a report/video of incident so this has been videod with trainer accepting what he did on sheriff camera
Phone call session started

Thank you for the detailed reply. Calling you shortly.

Per our conversation, here are a few legal referral services for you:

Try the Texas Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge a fee of around $50 for the referral and guarantee a lawyer in good standing with his licensing authority. Their referral fee includes a free half-hour initial consultation with the attorney.

apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=TX

To get still a wider range of possibilities, you can also check out a commercial lawyer referral service. There are many of them, but one that has been around a long time and which is highly regarded is www.Martindale.com.

Many of Martindale's lawyers are peer and client-rated, which you might find helpful to narrow down your choices.

Still one more would be www.Avvo.com. They have a rating system as well to help make it easier to narrow down your choices.

Best of luck.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD