Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am 67 yrs old with severe arthritis. I failed my drug test…

Customer Question
I am 67 yrs...

I am 67 yrs old with severe arthritis. I failed my drug test at pain management center where I have been receiving pain medication for last 5 yrs. I was only taking hemp oil supplement. they I am banned for life. I have never smoked marijuana in my life. help

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in?

Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How can this be rectified

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/29/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, many hemp oils contain some small amounts of THC which is what they test for. So, is that what happened?

Ely, Counselor at Law