Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was not given proper information detailing my plea

Customer Question
I was not given...

I was not given proper information detailing my plea obligations by my attorney which would have ultimately resulted in a change of a plea deal to a trial hearing. Currently we've been denied a motion to dismiss the conditions that weren't discussed between myself and counsel and I am currently surveying my options

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maine

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?