Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I live in Delaware I am on level 4 come confinement 4 6

Customer Question
I live in Delaware...

I live in Delaware I am on level 4 come confinement 4 6 months there is a Delaware code called earned compliance credit should I qualify for that it would cut my time in half

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

State of Delaware II served 18 moths in jail and was put on level3 probation of which I served 9 months and because I was agry with the whole ordeal when I should have been off in 6 months I served 9 months and the probation came to my house and arrested me for violation and then served 5 1/2 moths in jail and now on 9-11 I was released to level 4 home confinement for 6 months and level 3 for a year after that

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

The lawyer I had had a heart attack and I cant afford one now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There plenty but the big issue is I don't feel I deserve this

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Are you on probation for a sexual offense or violent felony? Did they remove your compliance credit for the probation violation?

know this was dwi and to be truthful I didn't get a fair deal on that , I wasn't driving but to be fair and so you don't think less of me its my 5 offense in 30 years, and those I just took the deal I didn't care but now Delaware goes back through your history and counts them all and as far as the violation and removal of the credit I don't know

Thank you for your reply.

If you have committed more than 3 DWI offenses in DE, the department of corrections policy is that no earned compliance credits may be earned. So this is where the issue comes in with your matter I am afraid. The state law allows the department of corrections to set guidelines for offenses exempt from the earned compliance credit and they have decided 3 DWI offenses was the cutoff for eligibility of the credits.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.