Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I had a robbery conviction in 1984 6 mo jail and 3 yrs

Customer Question
I had a robbery...

I had a robbery conviction in 1984 6 mo jail and 3 yrs probation, I got an expungement. Does that mean I can now do jury duty?

Lawyer's Assistant: What city and state is this in?

Los Angeles ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I did and paid $2000 to no avail. so I did it myself and saw the judge who granted me expungement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to no have my civil rights and liberties have been restored?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Generally, if you have been convicted of a felony or malfeasance in office and have not had your civil rights restored, you cannot serve as a juror. In your case, if you were convicted, but it was expunged, then the record will reflect that the conviction never occurred. Thus, you will be able to serve as a juror, presuming you meet all of the requirements. Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.