Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I Looking for past arrest records. I recently was arrested…

Customer Question
I Looking for past arrest...
I Looking for past arrest records
.
I recently was arrested in Michigan for meth and received a deferred entry of judgment. At my initial meeting with My probation officer, she pulled up on her computer screen my previous criminal record which showed two drug-related misdemeanors probably in the years between 2001 and 2007 in CA..
.
Because I successfully completed the probation here in Michigan she's not able to pull up on her screen what she calls "liens"
.
I have done a search, using my name and front and and dates in both the Orange County and Los Angeles County Superior Court's and I'm not able to come up with anything.
.
Do you have any suggestions of how I might be able to find these two misdemeanors?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Longhorn Lawyer

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: The best way to find and get copies of records is to make a written request for certified copies of court records from the county clerk in the jurisdictions in which the offenses took place. Those records will have the charges and dispositions included in them.

So go to the county clerk's websites for each of those offenses, and contact the clerk's office for that information.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

is the county clerk's website Different than the LA Superior court or Orange County Superior Court websites?

Remember that I don't get credit for doing my job if you do not give me a positive rating. Kindly do so by going to the top of this page and clicking on 4 or 5 stars. Thank you!

ANSWER: The county clerk is the custodian of records. If they do not have your records, then nobody does. That is a possible outcome since some counties do not keep records past a certain date. When that happens, they usually issue a Statement of No Record or some similarly-named document.

Thank you!

is the L.A. county clerk's website Different than the LA Superior court
.
or
.
is the Orange County clerk's website Different than the Orange County Superior Court websites?

No. But within the LA Superior Court and Orange County Superior Courts, there is a clerk of the court. Send them a written request for certified copies of any records that they have on you.

Please do not forget that rating.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Do you need more help? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you!