Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

He was in an accident driving a transit bus, it wasn't his…

Customer Question
He was in an...

He was in an accident driving a transit bus, it wasn't his fault. Video shows it wasn't his fault. Took drug test, it came back positive, However, its actually a false-positive because he's have been prescribed and is currently taking Promethazine w/Codein Syrup at night. Management/Human Resources never provided the status of a second test. Don't think they performed a second test. They unnecessarily dragging out the process while he sat home not knowing if he had a job or not and no income. Management/human resources not returning his phone calls. My family member lost their job and had been denied unemployment insurance. He is in the process of trying to appeal the unemployment insurance. My family member provided medical documents to management/human resources but still lost their job. What do you recommend that he do to try and get his job back? Management/Human Resources very sneaky, for example, he was terminated on 08/25/17 and they back dated the letter to give him less time to appeal.Thanks for your help

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in?

North Carolina.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet, but he's suppose to meet with one on tomorrow.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm asking for help on be-half of my brother will that matter? He knows his situation at best. But I can talk with someone and provide them all the information that I know

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Lawyer
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. He should seek reinstatement based on tenure and policy and even offer a probationary period.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”