Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If someone had an involuntary mental 72 emergency hold would…

Customer Question
If someone had an...

If someone had an involuntary mental 72 emergency hold would they be allowed to have a weapon. if they falsified info on the application what would be the penalty be in the united states

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/28/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 10 months ago
Michael Bradley

if they had an involuntary hold then no they can not have a weapon

if they falsified information on the application it is a criminal offense

Criminal Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 10 months ago

the federal application that is to be filled out, refer to section 11f

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

who would i contact to have it investigated. would they be charged with a felony and what possible sentence could they face
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 10 months ago

he could be charged with a federal crime or a state crime

sentence would depend on whether he had any priors

Criminal Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 10 months ago

it is saying that there was a payment failure