Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Do I have to talk to the cops? I was at a friend's house…

Customer Question
Do I have to talk...
Do I have to talk to the cops? I was at a friend's house this morning and it got raided the guy has my car the cops now have my car and they want me to come down and talk to them do I have to talk to them I'm scared
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/27/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 10 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. No, you do not. You have no legal obligation to speak with them. It is at your discretion and if you do not want to speak or cooperate, you are under no legal obligation to do so. If you are scared, you can always retain a criminal defense attorney and have them reach out to the police on your behalf, to see what they want from you and who can represent you and decide if it is in your best interest to cooperate.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!